- 8 lbs tomatillos, husked & rinsed
- 4 onions, cut into chunks
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4-5 jalapeños
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/2 - 1 cup cilantro, minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- Roast all ingredients at 425*F until tomatillos begin to char. About 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, separate jalapeños, and transfer the rest to a pot.
- Remove the seed from the jalapeños while wearing gloves. Then place the jalapeños into the pot.
- Blend all the ingredients with an immersion blender.
- Add the lime juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, and cumin to the pot.
- Stir well to combine.
- Heat over medium heat to bring it to a simmer.
- If canning, process the salsa verde for 20 minutes in a hot water bath*
If canning, I recommend following safe canning processes. Wash you jars and lids. The sterilize both the jars and lids for 10 minutes.