Learn the fundamental principles of cheesemaking as we turn raw milk liquid sunshine into beautiful soft cheeses, including Farmer’s Cheese, Whole Milk Ricotta, Creme Fraiche, and Cottage Cheese.
Out of stock
I’m a firm believer in the mantra “Everything is figure-out-able.” But by golly, it sure helps to learn from someone who’s already figured it out.
Skip ahead on your learning curve in your quest to make your own dairy products by learning and practicing the skills and techniques you need to make these simple soft cheeses: Farmer’s Cheese, Whole-Milk Ricotta, Creme Fraiche and Cottage Cheese.
Join me in my kitchen as I walk you through each step of the process, appropriate raw milk and cheesemaking safety, and all the tips and tricks I’ve learned through trial and error to streamline the process and make it manageable (after all, I have five kids, several milk cows, a dozen or more pigs, and a couple hundred chickens. I don’t have all day to stand around the cheese pot, and neither do you).
We’ll discuss the incredible properties in milk that makes the change into cheese so remarkable and how by changing the temperature, process, method, and technique we achieve different dairy products.
In this class, you’ll also have the opportunity to
- Learn about all the basic equipment you’ll need to get started with cheesemaking (spoiler alert: you likely already have everything you need in your home kitchen)
- See in-person and practice hands-on the skills and techniques you’ll need to make home dairying a success
- Learn the steps to make cheese with pasteurized milk in case you don’t have access to raw milk (and why each is necessary to get results)
- Learn how to adapt a cheesemaking recipe designed for pasteurized milk if you will be using raw milk (e.g. most cheesemaking books/manuals)
- Come away with several recipes using the very cheeses you’ve learned to make
- Ask all the questions about all the things
- Take home a sampling of each of the delicious cheeses we’ll make in class
You’ll be equipped – and empowered – with the knowledge you need to take the next step in your journey to making your own dairy products at home.
If you have (or want to have) a milk cow, this class is for you!
But this class is for you even if you don’t (yet) have a milk cow of your own (I just might convince you!) or have access to raw milk. All of these cheeses can be made with good-quality milk from the store (and I’ll tell you my favorite dairies and the best milk to use to get the results you want!).
Forget getting your nails done. Learning to make cheese is way more fun. Bring your girlfriends, or your family, or your kids and make a day of it! Give the gift of knowledge and skills, and of an appreciation of the work and love and attention it takes to make good, wholesome, nutrient-dense foods right in your kitchen.
If you’re ready to add the skills of making your own cheese and dairy products, reserve your spot for this hands-on workshop.
You can do this. I’ll teach you how.
Class Fee: $125 includes 2+ hours of workshop, instruction, and hands-on practice, a hefty class workbook with recipes and instructions to take home, and generous helpings of fresh-as-it-gets butter, buttermilk, yogourt, and farmer’s cheese you made yourself.
September 4th 10am-1pm