Adding mozzarella to your home dairy skills is a game changer (pizza night will never be the same!), but mastering the correct techniques for consistent, successful results can be tricky. Come on over and I’ll show you how!
Out of stock
I’m a firm believer in the mantra “Everything is figure-out-able.” But by golly, it sure helps to learn from someone who’s already figured it out.
Though mozzarella is often classified as a “beginner’s” cheese, I don’t think that’s true at all. It took me several years to figure out the techniques required for a successful product and many many pots of cheese ended up going to the pigs in the meantime!
Come join me in my kitchen and I’ll walk you through the process step by step so you can see first-hand and practice hands-on the trickiest bits of learning to make your very own mozzarella cheese.
In this class, you’ll also have the opportunity to
- See & learn about all the equipment you’ll need to make your own at home
- Learn several techniques to acidify your cheese, and fail-proof ways to tell if your cheese is ready to stretch (this was the hardest part for me to figure out on my own!)
- Learn how to stretch hot cheese (even without fancy heat gloves) and know when enough is enough
- Learn to adapt this technique in many ways – from fresh-eating mozzarella, string cheese, and flavored cheese curds, to freezable, grate-able firm mozzarella for baking
- Learn how to properly keep and store mozzarella in the fridge
- Take home a delicious sampling of the very cheese you’ve made to impress and share with your friends and family
Mozzarella is simple cheese to make, doesn’t require a lot of ingredients or hands-on time, but it isn’t easy. Mozzarella does require specific techniques, knowledge, and training to make sure the results are successful time after time.
Learning to make mozzarella is an exciting and empowering threshold in your home dairy journey! Your kids (like mine!) will beg you to make it week after week and with just a few hours total time (and about 40mins hands-on time), you’ll have delicious, stretchy, stringy, flavorful cheese made right in your kitchen.
Pizza night will never be the same.
If you’re ready to add the skills of making your own mozzarella cheese, reserve your spot for this hands-on workshop.
You can do this. I’ll teach you how.
Class Fee: $125 per person; includes 2+ hours of workshop, instruction, and hands-on practice, a hefty class workbook with recipes and instructions to take home, and generous helpings of fresh-as-it-gets delicious, stretchy mozzarella and cheese curds you made yourself!